Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tired

Today was a bit busier than expected.  I went to Roanoke for my externship today and wrote a brief to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, which was actually a different take on an issue I wrote about last summer on the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.


I took an MBE assessment test for my Bar Prep class yesterday, only to find out today that the practice exam was numbered incorrectly, necessitating my review of it again tomorrow.  Needless to say, I'm not so excited about it as I really could use that time to work on other things.

Tonight was a bit of a different vibe as Cer and I babysat our friends' baby, little Henry.  Our cat Monty was a bit possessive of his space, but he actually let little Henry pet him a few times.  

I'm actually a bit tired tonight, so I think I'll finish my Jurisprudence reading and head off to bed soon.  

Here is my favorite quote of the the reading for tomorrow :

"For whereas, by the permission of God, no man hath power to kill neither himself nor yet any other man, then if a law made by the consent of men concerning slaughter of men ought to be of such strength, force, and virtue, that they which contrary to the commandment of God have killed those whom this constitution of man commanded to be killed, shall it not then, by this reason follow that the power of God's commandment shall extend no further than man's law doth define and permit?"

-St. Thomas More from Utopia, Book 1.

No comments: