
World's smallest girl proud of her tiny size
By Kate Day
Last Updated: 6:31am BST 07/04/2008
At just 1ft 11 in tall, she is dwarfed by her neighbour's baby, but Jyoti Amge is 15 years old.
How About That? Because news doesn't have to be serious
The teenager, who is the world's smallest girl according to the Indian Book of Records, has a form of dwarfism called achondroplasia. Now fully grown, she weighs just 11 lb.
Jyoti Amge with a neighbour's 13-month old baby and with her school friends
Far from being unhappy about her tiny size, Jyoti says that she enjoys the celebrity status her height has brought her.
"I am proud of being small. I love the attention I get," she told the Sunday Mirror.
"I'm just the same as other people. I eat like you, dream like you. I don't feel any different."
Jyoti attends her local high school, in Nagpur, India, where she studies alongside classmates of her own age, though she sits at a specially made miniature desk.
Her mother, Ranjana, 45, explained that her daughter's condition was not apparent until some time after her birth.
"When Joyti was born she seemed quite normal. We came to know about her disorder when she was five," she said. "Jyoti is small, yet cute, and we love her very much."
Like any other teenager, she loves listening to pop music and watching DVDs and even hopes to become a Bollywood actress.
She has recently recorded an album with her favourite Indian pop star, Mika Singh.
Information appearing on telegraph.co.uk is the copyright of Telegraph Media Group Limited and must not be reproduced in any medium without licence. For the full copyright statement see
Monday, April 7, 2008
A Positive Attitude Can Go A Long Way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment