So London appears to be a "for sure" thing. I'm sending in my letter of acceptance in to SOAS today and hope that the move to merry ole' England isn't too difficult. Hopefully things will fall into place, but we understand that we have to make things happen sometimes. Fortunately, we have good friends who are trying to help us find employment for Cerid and I imagine something has to open up from all of the efforts of others.
Before getting too enamored with the lure of England, I have to get a ton of work done. We have two pending issues of law review that are the current bane of my existence. Though I love the whole publishing process (yes, I realize how much of a dork I am), I somewhat despise the fluidity and flexibility required of editors. While nice neat schedules would certainly be preferred, we are left with speculative deadlines, half-completed work, and general lack of care from many (not all of course).
On the bright side, I only have one exam which should be fairly straightforward without much studying involved. Nevertheless, I am convinced that an individual can learn the entire subject matter of any law school class in a matter of 36 hours, including 8 for sleep. Never once have I had to pull an all-nighter in law school, and I certainly don't plan on doing it now. As the old fable relates, "slow and steady wins the race."
Now, the time has come (the walrus says--great poem by the way--pardon my diatribe), to do a final edit of my Jurisprudence paper, head up to school for some final touches on a cite check, then off the parents to help finish the sunroom (and hopefully to eat a delicious meal).
Happy Monday to all!
Monday, April 28, 2008
So London is a certainty now
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment